Thursday, April 8, 2010

Freedom!

We are reading John Rosemond's book Parenting by the Book in our Sunday School class and I am enjoying it! He's a little more cynical than I would normally like, but I am finding the simplicity of it so refreshing! And just to show a little of how refreshing it is I listed my Preschool Wise and Child Wise books (I had the whole "Wise" series) on Paperback Swap this morning! And people want them already! Yay! I get two more books I want and get to get rid of two parenting how to books! If I had not marked in them already I would list Babywise, Babywise II and Toddlerwise. (I did like the full feedings while nursing and the "little hands down please", but the rest just made me feel so guilty!) Now that I'm thinking about it I should just take the step and put them in my garage sale pile.

Here is a quote from Chapter 1 of Parenting by The Book that is wonderful to me:

"My intent is to help parents understand and properly align themselves with God's blueprint for child rearing. I can promise you this: Unlike the attempts to conform one's parenting to the many intricate and confusing dos and don'ts of Postmodern Psychological Parenting, this alignment will not strain the brain or cause doubt, anxiety, and guilt. I can make this promise with authority because of two simple truths:
1. God makes nothing complicated.
2. Conforming to God's plan in any area of life will bring relief from troubles, cares, and woes.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28"


Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment