Saturday, January 22, 2011

C.S. Lewis

I just finished a biography on C.S. Lewis and wish there were more hours in the day to read! I want to read so many of his books and the books that inspired him.

This week I requested a book by George MacDonald. He was one of the first writers to influence C.S. Lewis, way before he even became a Christian. He writes science fiction with spiritual themes. Like Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings. I think he wrote in the late 1800's so it will definitely be different than what I normally read. I am excited though. Hoping Rach will read it with me.

And back to Lord of the Rings...it was interesting learning about Lewis's and J.R.R. Tolkien's relationship. I think I need to be in a book club...I always want to talk about what I am reading. And I am sure it doesn't make for too interesting of a blog post. I sure hope my kids LOVE to read someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment