Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. Saturday night I found a message on my pillow from Luke and Chloe which contained a (super cute!) menu for breakfast in bed. I had instructions to deliver it to daddy when I had made my choices. I placed my order for 2 eggs, toast, bacon and a glass of juice.

Sunday morning I woke up to the smell of bacon, which to me is about the most wonderful smell in the world to wake up to. I think it reminds me of camping when we were little and waking up to that. Yum. Plus I LOVE bacon. LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE IT. So anyways...I just laid in bed for awhile and read some of my favorite verses I have wrote down and then the handsomest room service man you ever saw brought be breakfast in bed. And he outdid himself! I had dippy eggs, toast and bacon all laid out beautifully on my plate (which he had even warmed up!) along with flower petals decorating one side. Beautiful! On my tray was also a glass of juice, a bowl of cut mixed fruit and Beth Moore's new book! Yay!

I have to tell you I felt like a queen. Thank you Matthew (and Luke and Chloe of course!)


1 comment:

  1. Awww, very sweet!! Way to go Matt! :)
    You look so beautiful Ame! And I love how Luke gently has his hand on Chloe's head... just smiling like a pro! Golly, Chloe is getting big... craziness!

    ReplyDelete