Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank you.

I am listening to my "Hungry" CD from Vineyard Music that I have listened to seriously probably 100 time or more. And I am just doing dishes and these words from "Your Name is Holy" just stuck out to me.

"In Your name, there is mercy for sin..."

Wow.

The Sovereign "I AM".
The pure spotless lamb.
The Almighty One.
The Christ, God's own Son.

I know this is what my faith is based on. That my sins are forgiven by the blood of Jesus, but it just made me say "wow" all over again. Thank you Lord.

By the name of Jesus we are covered and cleansed.

Mercy: Compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject to one's power. (from www.meriam-webster.com)
Sin: a vitiated [faulty, defective, ineffective] state of human nature in which the self is estranged from God. (www.meriam-webster.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment