Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Yet"

"Yet". Such a little word, but with huge meaning!

The scripture I was memorizing for April was Lamentations 3:19-26 and since it's the first day of May I have really been trying to get it memorized, so it was fresh in my mind. Here's the part with the "yet".

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lam. 3:19-23)

Then this morning I was doing my Beth Moore bible study and John 1 came up. It caught my attention because of the "yet".

"He (Jesus) was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God..." (John 1:10-12)

Amazing grace how sweet the sound...

No comments:

Post a Comment